Bussiness English Certificate Course for International Students
English for International Students
For years ELTIS has been a second home to students from many countries. Students, graduates, working professionals from all fields, officers holding prestigious positions find a home and an excellent learning platform in ELTIS. We have had students from Afghanistan, Angola, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Congo, Djibouti, DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Iran, Iraq, Italy, japan, Jordan, Korea, Lebanon, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Oman, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Thailand, UAE and Yemen to name a few.
Why learning English is important?
English is the second most spoken language in the world. Learning English makes communicating and understanding global citizens easier hence helping you widen your horizons. Knowing how to speak a language helps you secure jobs in multinational companies and many schools and universities around the world.
Here are simple reasons why learning English is important!
- New job opportunities
- The language of the internet age
- Getting into prestigious schools and universities
Contact : email@example.com
Certificate Courses in English
Long term and Short term
Certificate Courses for International Students
These are full-time autonomous Certificate Courses that help students in polishing their English language skills. These courses are designed especially to cater to the needs of International Students who aspire to excel in higher education and career development.
These are offered only to International students.
I. Certificate Course in English
August 17, 2020 to February 28, 2021
Middle School/ Secondary School/High School/Diploma
October 05, 2020 to
April 15, 2021
January 02, 2021 to
July 15, 2021
|II. Certificate Course in English||Short-term||March 02, 2020 to July 15, 2020||US$ 1025*||Middle School/ Secondary School/High School/Diploma|
*Students will also need to pay the following after reporting at ELTIS
- Books & course materials: Indian Rs. 2500/-
- Cost of Student’s Guidebook: Indian Rs. 500/-
1. Highlights of the Certificate Courses: The courses work on listening, speaking, reading and writing skills of the student along with Grammar and vocabulary to facilitates all round language development.
2. Timings: 11:05 am to 4:00 pm from Monday to Friday
10:40 am to 3:35 pm on Saturday
(All Sundays and 2nd and 4th Saturdays are offs.)
3. Admission: Admission is granted on first-come-first-served basis.
4. Guidance: Students will get a Proficiency Test and free counselling by a faculty advisor.
5. Teaching inputs:
- Functional Grammar
6. Teaching Methodology:
- Interactive classroom sessions
- Audio-visual sessions
- Computer lab sessions
- Co-curricular and extra curricular activities
- Audio-recording of presentations
- Mock interviews
- Role- plays
- Individual presentations
- Group discussions
Note: Students with special needs receive personal attention from the faculty.
7. Criteria for passing:
- Minimum 75% attendance is necessary to appear for the examinations.
- Students are required to score minimum 50% marks in each skill in all exams and an aggregate score of 50% to get awarded with a certificate.
8. Fees include the following:
- Tuition fees
- Charges for events & activities
- Exam fees
- Accident Insurance for the course period (applicable from the second week)
- Health Insurance (applicable from the second month)
- Free Medical check up
- Use of Computerized Language Laboratory
- Use of Library facilities, incl. Net Cafe.
9. Certification: Certificates will be awarded by ELTIS to successful candidates.
10. Cambridge Assessment English: ELTIS is an authorised exam centre for Cambridge Assessment English, University of Cambridge, UK. Hence, we offer various Cambridge English Tests to our International Students to obtain an international certificate of English language proficiency.
- The students appear for a test to determine a suitable Cambridge English test for them.
- Students who clock 80% attendance during the course are offered free seats for the test along with the training.
- Otherwise, a student may pay and appear for the training and the test.
- Certificate will be awarded by Cambridge Assessment English, University of Cambridge , UK.
Note: Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Admission Process : For International Students
Some Basic Information
Are the courses recognized?
Ans. -Yes, the institute is recognised by the Govt. of Maharashtra and Ministry of Education and Culture, Govt. of India. The Diploma Programme is recognized by the Symbiosis International Deemed University (SIU) and the Certificate Courses are autonomous.
“For details of courses, click on–
Our postal address is :
English Language Teaching Institute of Symbiosis (ELTIS)
Plot No. 419, Gokhle Cross Road, Model Colony
Pune – 411 016, Maharashtra, India.
Tel.no. – +91-20-25662822
Fax – +91-20-25673400
Payment of fees
- Students will have to pay at least 50% of the fees in advance.
- The balance fees need to be paid by the student immediately on reaching ELTIS.
- The balance payment must be made in US$. It cannot be accepted in Indian Rupees.
Mode of payment
- Cash or
- Online payment through ELTIS website – Apply Now
- Our SWIFT code for international payment and IFSC code for NEFT / RTGS payment are given below.
|Institute’s Name||English Language Teaching Institute of Symbiosis (ELTIS)|
|Address||Plot No. 419, Model Colony, Gokhale Cross Road, Next to Atur Centre, Pune – 411 016, Maharashtra, India.|
|Receiving Bank||Axis Bank Ltd.|
|Bank Account Name||ELTIS-Income Account|
|Bank Swift Code||AXISINBB037|
|Bank Address||Lohia and Jain Building, Ambika Society, CTS 2840/A, Plot No. 20, Senapati Bapat Marg, Near Chatushringi Temple, Pune – 16.|
|Institute’s Bank A/c No||315010100023339|
Documents required with the application form
- Correctly and completely filled-in application form
- Bank transaction details or swift transfer details or online payment details.
- 2 Photocopies of passport
- 6 Identity card size photographs
- Photocopy of Marksheet or Certificate of last exam passed
(10th Std. or Graduation or Diploma, if any).
Documents to be submitted after admission
- Student Visa (2 copies)
- Police registration and Residential Permit (2 copies)
- Address Proof (Home Country) (such as Driving License, Identity Card)
Symbiosis hostels have limited seats, which may get fully booked in the month of April/May. These allotments are on annual basis. There are separate hostels for boys & girls. Total Fees for the three-seated room is Indian Rupees (INR) 1,49,650/- and for the two-seated room is Indian Rupees (INR) 1,79,600/- payable in equivalent US$. This fee includes stay, non-veg food & deposit for the whole year.
All queries regarding Symbiosis hostels can be addressed to:
Ms. Rupali Chaudhary
Contact No: +91-20-25925150 or 25652444,
Many of our students prefer staying in rented flats/apartments on sharing basis. If 3-4 students share an apartment, the expenses are reasonable. Students are free to take food at our cafeteria or choose from many other options.
Another option for our international students is to stay in private hostels. We can suggest names of some agents for private hostel accommodation.