Certificate Programmes for International Students
English for International Students
For 50 years ELTIS has been a second home to students from many countries. Students, graduates, working professionals from all fields, officers holding prestigious positions find a home and an excellent learning platform in ELTIS. We have had students from Afghanistan, Angola, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Congo, Djibouti, DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Iran, Iraq, Italy, japan, Jordan, Korea, Lebanon, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Oman, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Thailand, UAE and Yemen to name a few.
Why is learning English important?
English is now (2022) the first most spoken language in the world. Hence, it is important to recognize its significance in adding value to one’s credentials like never before.
Learning English brings –
- better communication and understanding with citizens worldwide
- study opportunities in prestigious schools and universities abroad
- new global job opportunities
Certificate Courses in English
Long term and Short term
Certificate Courses for International Students
These are full-time autonomous Certificate programmes that help students in polishing their English language skills. These courses are designed especially to cater to the needs of International Students who aspire to excel in higher education and career development.
|Name of the Certificate programme in English||Period||Batches||Fees||Eligibility|
|I. Professional English Programme||Long-term||October every year||INR 41,520 + 3,000||Middle School/ Secondary School/High School/Diploma|
|II. Practical English Programme||Short-term||April every year||INR 26,945 + 3,000||Middle School/ Secondary School/High School/Diploma|
We are glad to share the details about the upcoming Short-term programme for international students for this year.
Practical English – Short term (Certificate Programme)
- Course Duration: 4 months
- Start date: 25 April, 2022
- Mode: Offline
- Admission Procedure:
- Student applies online. (Application form link given below)
- Student uploads the documents.
- Student pays the Administration and Processing Fee.
- ELTISissues the admission letter
- Student takes the Proficiency test on batch commencement
- Student starts the classes as per the details provided.
- Student pays the tuition fee in the first week of the batch.
Note: Students may apply for a VISA to come to India. However, acceptance of VISA application is entirely the Embassy’s decision and subject to their policies.
- Administrative and Processing Fee – INR 1000/-
- Programme Fee – INR 26,945/-
- Book Charges – INR 3000/-
1. Highlights of the Certificate Courses: The programmes provide skill-wise training on listening, speaking, reading and writing skills along with Grammar and vocabulary to facilitate all-round language development.
2. Timings: 11:05 am to 4:00 pm from Monday to Friday
3. Admission: Admission is granted on a first-come-first-served basis.
4. Guidance: Students will take a Proficiency Test and feedback on the performance.
5. Teaching inputs:
- Functional Grammar
6. Teaching Methodology:
- Interactive classroom sessions
- Audio-visual sessions
- Co-curricular and extra curricular activities
- Role- plays
- Individual presentations
7. Criteria for passing:
- Minimum 75% attendance is necessary to appear for the examinations.
- Students are required to score minimum 50% marks in each skill in all exams and an aggregate score of 50% to get awarded with a certificate.
8. Certification: Certificates will be awarded by ELTIS to successful candidates.
9. Cambridge Assessment English: ELTIS is an authorised exam centre for Cambridge Assessment English, University of Cambridge, UK. Hence, we offer various Cambridge English Tests to our International Students to obtain an international certificate of English language proficiency.
- The students appear for a proficiency test to determine a suitable Cambridge English test for them.
- Students are offered free training for a suitable Cambridge English test.
- A student may pay and appear for the test.
- Certificate will be awarded by Cambridge Assessment English, University of Cambridge, UK.
Some Basic Information
Are the courses recognized?
Ans. -Yes, the institute is recognised by the Govt. of Maharashtra and Ministry of Education and Culture, Govt. of India. The Diploma Programme is recognized by the Symbiosis International Deemed University (SIU) and the Certificate Courses are autonomous.
You can fill in the form, https://forms.gle/Ag6qGoEoQXfARYQL6
We will process your admission letter and send you the account details for the payment. Once you complete the payment, we will send you the admission letter for further procedure.
Mode of payment
- Bank Challan
- Online payment through ELTIS website
- Our SWIFT code for international payment and IFSC code for NEFT / RTGS payment are given below.
|Institute’s Name||English Language Teaching Institute of Symbiosis (ELTIS)|
|Address||Plot No. 419, Model Colony, Gokhale Cross Road, Next to Atur Centre, Pune – 411 016, Maharashtra, India.|
|Receiving Bank||Axis Bank Ltd.|
|Bank Account Name||ELTIS-Income Account|
|Bank Swift Code||AXISINBB037|
|Bank Address||Lohia and Jain Building, Ambika Society, CTS 2840/A, Plot No. 20, Senapati Bapat Marg, Near Chatushringi Temple, Pune – 16.|
|Institute’s Bank A/c No||315010100023339|
Documents required with the application form
- Correctly and completely filled-in application form
- 1 copy of passport
- 1 Identity-card size photograph
- 1 copy of the Marksheet or Certificate of the last exam passed
(10th Std. or Graduation or Diploma, if any).
- Bank transaction details or swift transfer details or online payment details
Documents to be submitted after admission
- Student Visa (2 copies)
- Police registration and Residential Permit (2 copies)
- Address Proof (Home Country) (such as Driving License, Identity Card)
Symbiosis hostels have limited seats, which may get fully booked in the month of April/May. These allotments are on an annual basis. There are separate hostels for boys & girls.
All queries regarding Symbiosis hostels can be addressed to:
Ms. Rupali Chaudhary
Contact No: +91-20-25925150 or 25652444,
ext : 270 or Email : accommodations@symbiosis.
Many of our students prefer staying in rented flats/apartments on a sharing basis. If 3-4 students share an apartment, the expenses are reasonable. Students may have food at our cafeteria or choose from many other options.
Another option for our international students is to stay in private hostels. We can help you find a private hostel.