English for International Students
For years ELTIS has been a second home to students from many countries. Students, graduates, working professionals from all fields, officers holding prestigious positions find a home and an excellent learning platform in ELTIS. We have had students from Afghanistan, Angola, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Congo, Djibouti, DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Iran, Iraq, Italy, japan, Jordan, Korea, Lebanon, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Oman, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Thailand, UAE and Yemen to name a few.
Why learning English is important?
English is the second most spoken language in the world. Learning English makes communicating and understanding global citizens easier hence helping you widen your horizons. Knowing how to speak a language helps you secure jobs in multinational companies and many schools and universities around the world.
Here are simple reasons why learning English is important!
- New job opportunities
- The language of the internet age
- Getting into prestigious schools and universities
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
One Year Diploma in English Under SIU
Diploma of Proficiency in English & Career Skills (DPE&CS)
This diploma is only for International students. It is a full-time One Year Diploma programme under Symbiosis International (Deemed University). It helps you improve your English Language Communication both in Spoken and Written skills. This programme will help you in achieving better proficiency of English for getting into universities for higher education and good job opportunities. *Prerequisite: Students need to have basic knowledge in English.
Highlights of the Programme:
- Diploma programme under Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
- Focuses on Spoken and Written skills
- Helps academically and professionally
Structure of the Programme:
The programme is spread over 2 semesters in one year.
In semester-1, there are 7 courses.
In semester-2, there are 7 courses.
Enhanced Communication Skills I
Functional Grammar I
Reading Comprehension and Analysis Skills
Professional Writing Skills
Functional Grammar II*
Enhanced Communication Skills- II
Language through Literature
Field Visit and Assignment
SCHEDULE AND FEES
|Name of the course||Duration||Period||Fees||Eligibility|
|Diploma of Proficiency in English and Career Skills [Awarded by Symbiosis International (Deemed University)]||1 YEAR||September 7, 2020 To August 14, 2021||US$ 2175||High School / Secondary Education / Diploma|
*Note: Students with special needs receive personal attention from the faculty.
5. Criteria for passing:
- Minimum 75% attendance is necessary to appear for the examinations.
- Students are required to score minimum 50% marks under each head and an aggregate score of 60% to get awarded with a certificate.
6. Fees include the following:
- Tuition fees
- Charges for events & activities
- Exam fees
- Accident Insurance for the course period (applicable from the second week)
- Health Insurance (applicable from the second month)
- Free Medical check up
- Use of Computerized Language Laboratory
- Use of Library facilities, incl. Net Cafe.
7. Certification: Certificates will be awarded by Symbiosis International (Deemed University) to successful candidates.
8. Cambridge Assessment English: ELTIS is an authorised exam centre for Cambridge Assessment English, University of Cambridge, UK. Hence, we offer various Cambridge English Tests to our International Students to obtain an international certificate of English language proficiency.
- The students appear for a test to determine a suitable Cambridge English test for them.
- Students who clock 80% attendance during DPE & CS Sem – I & Sem – II are offered free seats for the test along with the training.
- Otherwise, a student may pay and appear for the test.
- Certificate will be awarded by Cambridge Assessment English, University of Cambridge , UK.
Note: Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Programme Structures Diploma of Proficiency in English & Career Skills (DPE & CS)
Admission Process : For International Students
Some Basic Information
Are the courses recognized?
Ans. -Yes, the institute is recognised by the Govt. of Maharashtra and Ministry of Education and Culture, Govt. of India. The Diploma Programme is recognized by the Symbiosis International Deemed University (SIU) and the Certificate Courses are autonomous.
“For details of courses, click on–
Our postal address is :
English Language Teaching Institute of Symbiosis (ELTIS)
Plot No. 419, Gokhle Cross Road, Model Colony
Pune – 411 016, Maharashtra, India.
Tel.no. – +91-20-25662822
Fax – +91-20-25673400
Payment of fees
- Students will have to pay at least 50% of the fees in advance.
- The balance fees need to be paid by the student immediately on reaching ELTIS.
- The balance payment must be made in US$. It cannot be accepted in Indian Rupees.
Mode of payment
- Cash or
- Online payment through ELTIS website – Apply Now
- Our SWIFT code for international payment and IFSC code for NEFT / RTGS payment are given below.
|Institute’s Name||English Language Teaching Institute of Symbiosis (ELTIS)|
|Address||Plot No. 419, Model Colony, Gokhale Cross Road, Next to Atur Centre, Pune – 411 016, Maharashtra, India.|
|Receiving Bank||Axis Bank Ltd.|
|Bank Account Name||ELTIS-Income Account|
|Bank Swift Code||AXISINBB037|
|Bank Address||Lohia and Jain Building, Ambika Society, CTS 2840/A, Plot No. 20, Senapati Bapat Marg, Near Chatushringi Temple, Pune – 16.|
|Institute’s Bank A/c No||315010100023339|
Documents required with the application form
- Correctly and completely filled-in application form
- Bank transaction details or swift transfer details or online payment details.
- 2 Photocopies of passport
- 6 Identity card size photographs
- Photocopy of Marksheet or Certificate of last exam passed
(10th Std. or Graduation or Diploma, if any).
Documents to be submitted after admission
- Student Visa (2 copies)
- Police registration and Residential Permit (2 copies)
- Address Proof (Home Country) (such as Driving License, Identity Card)
Symbiosis hostels have limited seats, which may get fully booked in the month of April/May. These allotments are on annual basis. There are separate hostels for boys & girls. Total Fees for the three-seated room is Indian Rupees (INR) 1,49,650/- and for the two-seated room is Indian Rupees (INR) 1,79,600/- payable in equivalent US$. This fee includes stay, non-veg food & deposit for the whole year.
All queries regarding Symbiosis hostels can be addressed to:
Ms. Rupali Chaudhary
Contact No: +91-20-25925150 or 25652444,
Many of our students prefer staying in rented flats/apartments on sharing basis. If 3-4 students share an apartment, the expenses are reasonable. Students are free to take food at our cafeteria or choose from many other options.
Another option for our international students is to stay in private hostels. We can suggest names of some agents for private hostel accommodation.