Diploma in Practical English & Life Skills (DPELS)
Admissions open for 2021 Intake!
This is a unique one year part-time diploma programme under Symbiosis International (Deemed University). It is designed with a focus on building English communication abilities of Indian students and making them job-ready. It exposes them to general as well as Business English. It also gives them an opportunity to earn the prestigious certificate of the Cambridge English exam.
Courses that you learn in DPELS:
- Everyday English Grammar
- Enhanced Reading and Writing
- Aural & Oral Skills
- Business Communication & Soft Skills
- Cambridge English
- Accent Neutralization
- Presentation Skills
Duration: 1 year (Annual exam pattern)
Intakes: Two every year: July and January
Batch timings: 8:00 am to 9:30 am ( Monday to Saturday) OR
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm ( Monday to Friday) and 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm (only on Saturdays)
Fee: Rs. 20,000/- only (payable in two installments) First installment Rs. 15,000/- and Second installment Rs. 5,000/-
Cost of Books: Rs. 1000/-
Eligibility: Std. XII passed or a Diploma holder
- The SIU exam and Cambridge English exam will be held at the end of the year, for eligible students.
- Students with 75% attendance and having all assignments cleared will be eligible to take the final exam by SIU. Students with 80% attendance will get a free seat for the Cambridge English exam.
- Courses 1 to 3 will have external examination.
- Course 5 will have an internal exam plus an actual Cambridge English Exam.
- Courses 6 and 7 will be non-exam grade courses.
- Total assessment will be out of 750 marks.
Passing: 50% per course and 60% aggregate.
Award of Degree: Students will be awarded with a Diploma under Symbiosis International (Deemed University), at the end of the year, on passing the annual examination.