Workshops & Updates
Beat your nervousness about facing interviews! Enroll yourself to Workshop on “Attending Personal Interviews”.
Our session aims to-
- brief you about the most common interview errors and give you tips on how to overcome them
- tell you how to answer confidently and differently to the most common interview questions and scenarios
- develop strategies to make you stand out
- polish and better your communication skills and soft skills
- support and sell your story in an attractive package
- follow the “prepare, practice and perform” technique
- make you interview ready
Worried about how you will perform when giving your job interview, wondering how you will handle surprise questions…
Why not get a practice run by having a mock interview, conducted by one of our expert trainers along with an industry executive?
- Get the experience of a job interview without the worry of failure
- Polish the ability to quickly answer unexpected questions
- Get valuable feedback that will help with your actual job interview
“Great speakers are not born, they’re trained” – Dale Carnegie
Do you want to be an effective presenter to communicate with confidence, overcome stage fright and wow your audience?
Well, then join us and:
- Polish your speaking skills
- Get tips and tricks of presenting well-organised material with confidence.
- Get trained to improve your body language
- Learn how to handle questions from the audience
Group Discussions…an integral part of –
- The selection process for top colleges
- Job interviews
- Meetings at work
Outshine others with your style and language; join the Workshop on Group Discussions!
Highlights of the session:
- Prepare to speak on the topic
- Learn to connect the prepared points to the on-going discussion
- Share ideas and opinions with fellow participants
- Master expressions to be used in a discussion
- Develop discussion skills to be used in a formal or informal discussion
Resume Writing and Covering Letter
Welcome to the ‘write’ place!! Learn to draft effective covering letters and concise résumés that will help you land interviews!
What are you waiting for! Register now!
Do you find writing business emails challenging? Do you spend a lot of time wondering what to write in emails and how to reply to one?
We are here to help you write better emails that will lead to effective communication at your workplace.
In this workshop you will:
- learn email structure
- deal with a wide range of topics
- write concise emails
- use correct grammar and structure
- improve your email etiquette
English Vocab in Use
Standing on a stage..
Winning audience attention…
Speaking English language fluently…
Do you wish to master all of that?
If yes, then Speakers’ Club is what you’ve been looking for!
What will you achieve by attending?
- Gain confidence by speaking in front of strangers
- Speak in front of a live audience
- Get valuable feedback, tips and advice on Public Speaking
- Learn effective ways to get your audience’s attention
- Gather vast knowledge on a variety of topics
- Gain different perspectives and insights
Prepare, Present and Prosper!
Master your vocabulary and pave your way to success!
Words…they tickle your brain…they make you think…they build your imagination…they are fun!
- Understand essential elements of vocabulary
- Learn new words in context
- Get to know fine tones in word meanings
- Explore word learning techniques
- Participate in engaging games and activities
Reading is a joy! Have you experienced it?
No? Well then, join ELTIS Readers’ Circle and open the doors of sheer pleasure for yourself!
- Read a variety of texts
- Hone your reading skills
- Participate in discussion with fellow reading enthusiasts
- Exchange reading recommendations with fellow readers!
Reading is a journey like no other! As Margaret Atwood put it, “A word after a word after a word is power.”
“Language learning can be fun!” All you need to do is pop in, sit back, and watch a movie in English, at the ELTIS Movie Club!!! Yes, it’s that simple!!!
- Watch interesting English movies
- Learn new words in context
- Get exposure to a variety of different English accents
- Engage yourselves in interesting and interactive discussions
- Have fun participating in language activities
Why should only classrooms and books have all the fun? Hurry! Register now!
Finding it hard to understand English concepts… we are here to help you understand the concepts of English with the comfort of Hindi and Marathi.
- Ask questions and get answers in Hindi and Marathi
- Understand the sentence structure of English with an explanation in Hindi and Marathi.
It is okay if you are not able to make questions in English! ELTIS is with you!
A cool place to hang out and speak your mind out. A great opportunity to interact with ELTIS faculty and fellow participants informally and discuss any topic at hand.
The key features of Students’ Katta-
- An opportunity to interact with faculty freely
- A chance to converse with students from other batches
- A platform to ask questions confidently
- An activity to share opinions without a language barrier
CLIL workshop at Manipal
As a part of the CLIL@India project, a 5-day intensive training programme for in-service teachers from in and around Manipal University was held from December 10 to 14, 2018.
Dr. Vaishali Jundre, Dr. Yogita Bhamare and Ms. Jayasree Menon travelled to Manipal University as resource persons for the training programme.
Mr. B.T Naik, In-charge BTO, Brahmavara and Smt. Uma P., In-charge BTO, Udupi were the guests of honour at the inaugural function on December 10, 2018. The newsletter on CLIL was unveiled that day at the hands of the guests of honour and the resource persons from all partner universities.
There were about 38 teachers in the training programme. All the sessions were interactive and the participants took part in every session with full zest and vigour.
Dr. Neeta Inamdar and her team hosted the programme very well. The programme got over on December 14, 2018.
CLIL workshop for KV Teachers
On Saturday, Dec.29, 2018, 38 teachers form different Kendriya Vidyalayas from Maharashtra and Gujrat visited ELTIS. The visit comprised a campus tour, a language lab session and an introductory session on CLIL methodology.
Mrs. Veneeta Narula, Principal, Kendriya Vidyalaya INS Hamla, Mumbai. and also the Course Director of the In-service Course of TGT English teachers ( teaching VI to X Standard) of various Kendriya Vidyalayas of Mumbai and Ahmedabad Region along with Dr. Debjani Bose, Principal, KV, CME, Pune, and Mr. Ambadkar from Amravati, were amongst the teachers who visited ELTIS.
They found the CLIL methodology very interesting and thus participated whole-heartedly in the introductory workshop.
August 6, 2018
CLIL teacher training makes a smart start at Symbiosis ELTIS
The 5-day international teacher training programme under the CLIL@India project, was inaugurated by Dr. Bhama Venkataramani, Dean: Academics and Administration, Symbiosis international Deemed University on August 6, 2018. Symbiosis is one of the 7 partner universities of CLIL@India project. Resource persons from four other partner universities from Latvia, Spain, Chandigarh, and Manipal graced the occasion. Dr. Bhama expressed her curiosity about the methodology and emphasized the need to use such a method for enhancing regional language skills in students.
It was followed by an interesting symposium on â€œMultilingual Education in India: The Three Language Formula & the Educational Context in Indiaâ€. Dr. Madhavi Tandon, SIU, Dr. Deepesh Chandrasekharan, Manipal, Dr. Sangeeta Pant, Chitkara, Dr. Lalita Vartak, Adarsh College, Pune and Dr. Sophia Gaikwad, SIU presented their views on the topic. The talk addressed a lot of points pertaining to the theme of the event.
The 5-day teacher training programme is a part of the international project. As a part of the project, SIU team will study the performances of Std.III students from two intervention schools â€“ the Pune Police Public School and the Prathamik Vidya Mandir (Modern) School. Ms. Vidya Kenge and Ms. Asha Sonawane, Head Mistresses of both the schools respectively were felicitated for their participation.
The programme aims at training in-service school teachers in using an international teaching methodology called Content and Language Integrated Learning. Forty one participant teachers from 15 schools in and around Pune have registered for the training. The sessions will give enriching and practical inputs to teachers for using CLIL in their classrooms.
Dr. Vaishali Jundre
CLIL@India Project Coordinator: SIU
Deputy Director: ELTIS-SIFIL
CLIL & ELTIS makes its mark in TOI on July 17, 2018
Forthcoming International Teacher Training Programme in August 2018 at Symbiosis, ELTIS
A detailed training programme of 5 working days is planned from August 6 to 10, 2018 at ELTIS i.e the English Language Teaching Institute of Symbiosis, Model colony, Pune.
During this training programme, expert faculty/ resource persons from partner universities (Indian and international) will also be training the participant teachers. It will be a comprehensive training which will train teachers to use CLIL in their teaching. The sessions will be highly practical and will give teachers hands on practice to use CLIL methodology.
Symbiosis International University was a part of the CLIL@India 2018 International Teacher Training Programme held at Chitkara University, Chandigarh from April 24 to 28, 2018
Dr. Vaishali Jundre (Project Co-ordinator & Dy. Director, ELTIS-SIFIL) and Dr. Yogita Bhamare (Faculty Co-ordinator at ELTIS) attended this 5-day training programme as resource persons and representatives of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) which is one of the partners of the CLIL@India project.
The 5-day programme had teacher training scheduled for 25 teacher trainees who were full time government school teachers.
These teachers were trained to use CLIL methodology in their classrooms for teaching Science.
Symbiosis International University was a part of the CLIL@India 2018 International Teacher Training Programme held at Chitkara University, Chandigarh from April 24 to 28, 2018.