English for Indian Students
Wish to be a winner? Then a strong command of English is a MUST!
ELTIS is here for you with its effective courses to make you confident and
competent in English.
Learn English like never before!
Indulge in activities, games, and a lot more to make language learning a fun
experience with qualified, well-trained, and experienced teachers!
Why is learning English important?
English is the second most spoken language in the world. Learning English makes
communicating and understanding global citizens easier hence helping you widen
your horizons. Speaking the language will help you secure jobs in multinational
companies and enroll in schools and universities worldwide.
Here are simple reasons why learning English is important!
● New job opportunities
● The language of the internet age
● Getting into prestigious schools and universities
Diploma in Practical English & Life Skills (DPELS) - Duration: 1 year
Admissions open for 2021 Intake!
Highlights of the Programme:
● Diploma programme under Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
● Focuses on Spoken and Written skills.
● Helps academically and professionally.
This is a unique one year part-time diploma programme under Symbiosis International (Deemed University). It is designed with a focus on building English communication abilities of Indian students and making them job-ready. It exposes them to general as well as Business English. It also gives them an opportunity to earn the prestigious certificate of the Cambridge English exam.
Courses that you learn in DPELS:
1. Everyday English Grammar
2. Enhanced Reading and Writing
3. Aural & Oral Skills
4. Business Communication & Soft Skills
5. Cambridge English
6. Accent Neutralization
7. Presentation Skills
8:00 am to 9:30 am (Monday to Saturday) OR
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm (Monday to Friday) and 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm (only on
Rs. 21,000/- only (payable in two installments) First installment Rs. 15,000/- and
Second installment Rs. 6,000/-
Cost of Books: Rs. 1000/-;
Two every year: July and January
Criteria for passing:
50% per course and 60% aggregate.
Std. XII passed or a Diploma holder, High School / Secondary Education
1. To increase students’ confidence to use English in practical situations
2. To develop their ability to comprehend and use the language effectively in
different scenarios in everyday life or profession
3. To help them neutralize their accent and train them in presentation skills
4. To make them employable/ job-ready in various commercial avenues
Who can join?
Students, employees, aspiring entrepreneurs, professionals, and homemakers.
● All Internal courses will have 100% components as Internal Evaluation at the
● All External courses will have 40% Internal component and 60% External
● The SIU exam and Cambridge English exam will be held at the end of the
year for eligible students.
● Students with 75% attendance and having all assignments cleared will be
eligible to take the final exam by SIU. Students with 80% attendance will get
a free seat for the Cambridge English exam.
● Courses 1 to 3 will have an external examination.
● Course 5 will have an internal exam plus an actual Cambridge English Exam.
● Courses 6 and 7 will be non-exam grade courses.
● The total assessment will be out of 750 marks.
Students will be awarded a Diploma in Practical English and Life Skills under
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) at the end of the year on passing the
The Diploma will be awarded at two levels of Proficiency A2 and B1 as defined by
CEFR i.e. Common European Framework of Reference.
Structure of the program
|Sr. no.||Course Title|
|1||Everyday English Grammar|
|2||Enhanced Reading and Writing|
|3||Aural and Oral Skills (Listening and Speaking)|
|4||Business Communication and Soft Skills|
|5||Cambridge English Training|